Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Day Got Away From Me

Between phone calls and IMs and the many, many emails that you guys sent (which, thank you) to which I haven't even remotely finished replying, the day has just run away with me. I've been on the computer for 8 straight hours, so it was almost like working except I didn't have to read the paper or watch the news.

That said, I'm meeting people in 30 minutes to start the drinking, so the long explanation is going to have to wait for tomorrow's hangover. It's kind of hard, too, to be able to put everything into words or sort it out well enough to be coherent in the midst of my freak out and my trying-to-write-a-resume and all that stuff you do when you get fired. So, please, hang in there, give me a chance to write it in the way that I intellectually know is best and most honest. I really do appreciate the IMs and the emails and the Facebook messages and the supportive comments because, while I knew that some of you would notice, I had no idea that it would be such comprehensive support or that it would be able to make the last 24 hours so much less awful than I expected it to be.

9 comments:

nojo said...

Shots for Megan across the country at 10 p.m. ET!

And since I'm on the West Coast, that'll give me an early start on the evening...

Nabisco said...

Enjoy the night out, Megan...I raise a glass to you!

Nabisco

louisev said...

I am there nojo! where on the west coast are you? I am in the Bay area.

Bottoms up, Megan, and have one for the Homofascist Army!

nojo said...

louisev: Sandy Eggo, but I can astral project myself into Vesuvio's if needed.

Marcel Parcells said...

Just caught up on my reading and found out you're gone. Toss down a few drinks for me, megan.

louisev said...

ah yes, I wish I was in Eggo myself, so balmy there! (when the canyons arent burning that is.)

dp said...

I have a magnum (1.5 liters) bottle of Grolsch sitting in my fridge, getting nice and chilly. Now, I would've drank it anyway tonight, but given the somewhat precarious state you're in and the fact that you have given me so much to laugh about, I dedicate the bottle to you and the hope that you'll be able to blog somewhere where the pay is awesome, the comments funny, and the lulz are endless. Best wishes

WendyB said...

Happy drinking!

California Condor said...

I'm a Mormon Republican Romney supporter in Arizona and I jave been checking Wonkette a lot. I think it's totally lame that you got let go. What was their rationale?