Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday

I didn't post today. My bad. Crappy Hour is here.

Part of the reason I didn't post much today is that it's been a little bit of a crazy day. In addition to finishing my resume and applying for jobs (1 interview so far, actually), I've been lining up some other stuff, too.

First on the list, Greg Wasserstrom, Hunter Walker (of Gridskipper), Blogenfreude, Jason Cox and I launched our own blog, The Cynics' Party. Come on over and join us for some cynical, humorous political analysis/mockery on a daily basis, comments welcome!

Second, Monday through Wednesday next week I'll be guest blogging at Radar Magazine Online's Fresh Intelligence (possibly including an article tomorrow), so please check on out over there next week (and I'll be posting links here as I'm writing).

Finally, Super Tuesday (February 5th), I'll be hosting Glamour's Glamocracy live-blog of the elections. Glamour's got 29 women -- one in each state having a primary -- who will be live blogging from their states and me from D.C. starting in the morning and continuing through the polls' close in California (yes, I am crazy).

As for the rest of it, I'm going to keep doing Crappy Hour with Moe and probably a couple of other features for Jezebel coming up (so stayed tuned there and here). Please keep your fingers crossed for something cool/permanent coming down the pike, and thank you for reading and supporting me.

15 comments:

wobblie said...

Who said rebounds couldn't be a good time?

taber said...

High fives! Myself and the rest of the Freedom-lovin' world are totally on tenterhooks waiting for your inevitable installation in some radtacular permanent gig.

And I'm already subscribed to Cynics' Party. Oh man, is this gonna rule.

Raging Monk said...

Congratulations on Cynics' Party! Mitt Romney said for me to give you his personal encouragement on your bold entrepreneurial advance into the Blogsphere. He also wants you to know that he covets your vote and is pandering with the best type of tax cuts for bold entrepreneurial women like you!

luxmentis said...

Looking forward to having Cynics' Party replace my itch for 'ette. *However*, the two skyscraper ads for Ann C@#lter's newsletter is...er...really icky. I promise to click through just about any other adverts you can scrap up...

Best of luck.

Harvey Birdman said...

Already landing on your feet, kitten.

Megan said...

@luxmentis: HA! I didn't see that! Wow, I guess ad bots don't always work that well.

@Harvey Birdman: It does tend to be how I roll.

nojo said...

If nothing else, that Episcopal Youth blog looks promising. Or does "Episcopal Youth" mean under 50?

BeRightBack said...

Bon travail, Megan! And bonne chance. Success is always the best revenge.

melissa said...

Yay! So much Megan!

And so glad for the Cynic's Party. That's where all the cool kids are gonna be. Some of us dorks too.

coozledad said...

Me and the old woman are totally going to buy one of those composting toilets.
Then we'll ship you some heirloom tomatoes this spring.

redmanlaw said...

As the poet said, "you're my favorite waste of time."

DC1974 said...

So I was just thinking how awesome it is that I am going to get back like 4 hours a day by not keeping up with the various Gawker Media properties -- and instead there are now like 20 other blogs to keep up with! If I could find away to monetize blog reading, I'd be rich. Google Reader would be my 401(k)! Sigh.

LoLoAGoGo said...

Congrats on the Glamocracy! I'll be looking forward to Super Tuesday now!

jderda said...

Just signed up for Cynic's Party. I must admit that I couldn't bring myself to click on Newt's ad, though. I promise in the future to click on any that don't make me touch dog peepees.
Ewalda

fupduk said...

Awesome-
An outlet for intelligent snark,
so crucial in an election year.

Also, my coworkers will be very happy when I stop trying to "help out" around here...

Party time!