Sunday, April 20, 2008

College revisited

It's pouring rain today, and the laundry room in my complex requires going outside with my dirty-and-then-clean laundry. I won't be able to do laundry this week, but am low on clean underwear and clean jeans. The solution? New jeans and new underwear.

Actually, I really went shopping to buy new shoes for the White House Correspondents Dinner next weekend, since I'll be covering it for Glamocracy, and to replace my black purse that broke a couple weeks ago. Failing in my quest to find shoes that would match both the dress I want to wear on Saturday and the one I have to wear for my sister's wedding in September, or to find a reasonably-priced black purse that I couldn't fit a weekend's worth of clothes in, I walked around some more. Goddamn consumeristic retail therapy.

2 comments:

rptrcub said...

I realize even more now how much easier men have it when it comes to clothes/accessory coordination/etc. Did you at least take someone with you? Consumeristic retail therapy works best in group settings.

wcg said...

A friend just had some good luck with a black Liz Claiborne purse from Zappos. You might give 'em a look.