Sunday, April 20, 2008

For Rob and Ed, among others

My friend Charlie has some advice of how to dress when you're coming to D.C. so as not to look like a total and complete tool of the recruiting office. Take it. Pass it along to others. Just because women like a man in uniform doesn't mean we like how he looks out of uniform. Also, she's right in general about braided belts, and that goes for the rest of you.


rptrcub said...

Braided belts? Ugh.

I loves me some military men but for God's sakes, we need a secret assault team of teh Gheyz to abduct and reeducate them on the ways of modern fashion.

The Left-Handed Elephant said...

Ed says thanks for the tips. I hope they help others, as I already used my deployment savings to hit up Nordstrom's and had a bespoke suit made. The haircut stays though - much more low maintenance in the summertime.

wcg said...

This advice would have been *so* useful when I first got assigned to Quantico back in 1991.