Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Um, Fuck You, Too

So, some blogospheric Gloria Steinam syncophant would like me to know that it is, like, totally okay to cry in front of the subjects of your interview. You know what? I don't get to be a reporter for the Financial Times. I get to randomly blog about politics and random girl crap on the blogosphere. And yet someone who identifies herself as "a snow bunny" and admits to ripping off my work and the work of the other women with whom I work ("intellectual property, my ass" she says) says "Cry Me A River" and re-posts this picture of me from this here personal blog. Well, you know what? That picture was taken by me more than a year ago to show off to my best friend my change from blonde to red hair. Oh, and crying in an interview is unprofessional.

She also says "Even thinking of her voice is like taking a Xanax in a marshmellow bathtub of womb water." Actually, if you listen to my actual voice, I sound like a 13 year old Valley Girl, or so I've been told. But, you know what? Great feminist point to body/voice snark me, sneak into my personal blog, link to a photo that you're not even paying to host and snark my race. Think your feminist icon would be proud?

Also, I don't cry in public. I'm open about that. I've written about it. But even if I did randomly run around D.C. crying, I wouldn't do it in an interview with one of the most important women of the 20th century and, if for some reason she caught me on a day, like today, when my grandmother is dying horribly of cancer, I wouldn't cop to it in my article on the fucking Financial Times for the purpose of making the interview half about me. So, you know, fuck you, "Fawn." Your name is as stupid as my voice AND my writing.

12 comments:

rptrcub said...

Srsly, WTF? Why did she have to snipe on that single little thing? Showing one's emotions in public is a very personal thing.

Cynica said...

I love that picture of you. And Fawn is a moron. My family is high WASP, and believe in confining our tears to the shower, where they belong. Nothing is considered more of a disgrace than to lose control and cry at a funeral, much less at work.

SanFranLefty said...

Why does that chick post about her bowels so much? And it's hard to take seriously someone who misspells the word "bawl" and is unaware of intellectual property laws. (I'm sure Nick Denton's media attorney would like to know that she brags about stealing material from Jez).

Shannon said...

"Plagiarism, tee hee!" Gyaaaah!

(That said I think the voice comment is about Gloria Steinem, and that it's supposed to be a compliment.)

rptrcub said...

Besides, you got to ask Gloria fucking Steinem questions. So nyah.

Trashtastic said...

Banal, silly little Fawn. Where's the hunter from Bambi when you need him?

Trashtastic said...

Gah and to post another comment, I have talked to you on the phone, and I thought you sounded neither like a valley girl nor whatever random bullshit she spew, that she undoubtedly stole from someone else only slightly more literate than she.

So suck it, baby deer. And no amount of money or cunnilingus could make me click that link.

Philthyist said...

Ah well, people got your back.

She was so ashamed she altered the post and wrote an apology.

ManchuCandidate said...

You cry, so what! I like reading your stuff because it is real and from the heart. Sometimes that includes tears (this coming from someone who is cursed with a stoic stone face.)

BTW, congrats on the Jez gig.

rptrcub said...

Said individual just made her blog private. Get 'em, girl!

Anonymous said...

Stupid people really bug me. Stupid people who commit intellectual property theft really, really bug me. People in Hollywood who glom along waiting for THE IDEA to fall out of creative people, and then run off with it, bug me the mostest of all.

Yeah, I'm neurotic. OK?

El Ojo said...

OMG! I'd never heard your voice before, but after hearing your lilting soprano in that pseudo-NPR smart girl talking about smart stuff style, I think you're even hotter than I already thought you were!