Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bad News, Again

So, there's this. I'll be only partially employed relatively soon.

Also, a note. Someone that was following my Twitter feed decided to tip off Fishbowl NY for the purposes of their article, which pissed my higher-ups and me the fuck off. So, fuck you nameless Twitter-follower who got a boner off of tipping off the Fishbowl people that had contacted me for comment and who, for the sake of my continued employment, I had refused comment to. Are you proud of yourself now? Because of you, my Twitter has gone private. If I don't know you personally, don't bother asking because, no, you can't follow me anymore. Your Twitter compatriot fucked it up. Since I don't know who did it, everyone is out.

That, sadly, marks the end of the Huffington Post Challenge, as their following of me was enabled by my open Twitter feed. My last post was "Hey, asshole who sent my Twitter to FishbowlNY: Fuck you you fucking fuck. This will likely be the last Twitter you see." It seemed a good way to go out.

14 comments:

PilgrimSoul said...

GRRRRARGH!

Jacy said...

Sorry, Megan. You are a real talent and I have no doubt you'll land on your feet.

And this confirms every suspicion I have about Twitter. It's for the Julia Allisons of the world. Fuck it.

super dave said...

That sucks! And I'm sorry I'll be missing you on twitter.

@davechen

BeRightBack said...

Arrrgh! Bad news for you, and for Jezebel. I have faith you'll find the right venue, though.

SanFranLefty said...

Ugh. Well, you went out machine guns blazing on the HuffPost twitter.

(Wouldn't they be suspect numero uno?)

You're smart and have a great voice and will continue to be a great journalist. Hang in there.

Bowleserised said...

GAH! and also, what PilgrimSoul said.

T.Bob said...

Hmmmm..a post election decline in readership? Yeah, seems like a good time to call it the End of Days and just let all the talent go. No sense in trying to build anything, like a decent publication.

I can't wait to see where you land next.

ArmansCopyOfSwank said...

That sucks. You're my favorite editor at Jezebel. Well, like Jacy said, you've got a lot of talent and I'm sure that you'll find another gig soon.

Amanda said...

Megan, you're the best thing about Jezebel - I'm so sorry they don't seem to recognize that.

stevie said...

I am really sorry to hear this. I'd been souring on Jezebel, but your promotion to full-time was bringing me back. I'll also miss you on Twitter.

Jackie said...

I know I don't know the ins and outs of Gawker media, but I just don;t get it. You, Sadie, and Moe (and Tracie when she's not just posting TV clips) are really the best thing Jezebel has to offer. Not that I don't like the other writers, because I do. But your (and the aforementioned others) writing has such a unique perspective, style, and spice to it. In my opinion, it's what defines Jezebel and makes it my favorite site. Bad choice, Nick Denton, bad choice.

Good Luck!

Scott Lemieux said...

Really sorry to hear this, and poor judgment on the part of the editors...

Hillary said...

Megan your talent speaks for itself, it's unfortunate that you currently work for an organization that doesn't fully appreciate it. Just know that there are many that will follow you where ever you go if it comes to that.

Anonymous said...

Publishing something on the internet and getting mad when someone notices is pretty absurd.