Saturday, January 17, 2009

Meme time

Ok, so I keep getting tagged in these Facebook notes about "20 Things You Don't Know About Me" and I get that it's a meme and I'm all for participating in memes BUT I am pretty sure more people follow my shit on Facebook than do on this blog. So I'm doing it here.

1. I was born with a cleft palate. No, not the lip thing, it was in the back of my throat. It was repaired when I was a toddler.
2. Because of the cleft palate, I have a man-made uvula that hangs to the left and fails to prevent me from throwing up through my nose.
3. Lettuce is the grossest thing you can throw up through your nose.
4. I have had 6 surgeries under general anaesthesia so far in my life.
5. I have never broken a bone or been stung by a bee.
6. I didn't start drinking regularly until I was 20.
7. I got dee-runk for the first time at a hard-core goth/sex show in Germany because it was the only way to survive. There's a picture. It's not a good one.
8. I had acupuncture regularly for 2 years in an effort to cure my migraines that had become nearly constant. It worked.
9. I took ballet, tap and jazz lessons from the age of 7 until the age of 17. I took modern dance and African dance lessons for 2 years after that. I also swing dance.
10. My mother refused to pay for violin lessons anymore my senior year in high school despite it having been a lifelong dream of mine because she decided I didn't practice enough. She continued to pay for my younger sister's cello lessons despite the fact that she didn't practice any more than me. I have never really forgiven her for that.
11. I wanted to play violin my whole life because my parents gave me the record "Big Bird and His Orchestra" when I was 4.
12. I never lose a gross-out contest.
13. I lost 30 pounds 4 years ago because I was too cheap to buy new clothes in a larger size and my pride was offended. Also, because I nearly cried when the bra-fitting lady at Macy's told me I was a DD or a DDD. She felt terrible.
14. I've never considered myself a happy person.
15. I learned how to control my temper, but not before it cost me more than I really wanted to lose.
16. I've never had a pet.
17. I kill houseplants.
18. I have been deliberately hit twice in my life. I would rather be hit harder than not fight back again.
19. I used to think I would rather die than be raped again. I wouldn't, apparently.
20. I only cry silently.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Um, if you're going to go to the trouble of doing this here rather than on facebook because more people follow you on facebook, you probably shouldn't post a link on facebook. Just a thought.