Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This is still bugging me

Last night, when I probably should have been working and definitely should have been sleeping, I was instead bouncing around the Internet when I saw a quote on Peter Feld's tumblr attributed by others to Nietzsche that Peter and I both felt didn't sound very Nietzschean.

There's really nothing like a late night German-y Google project to get my blood going. So I researched, he added his own research and we're debunking. I don't know where it's really from yet, which is bugging me, but we firmly believe that the quote “I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you” was not written by German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche. Suck it, Internet. Nietzsche was a lot of things, but a lame emo emotional-masochist is not one of them.

No comments: