Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bush's War On Terror, Reading From A Disney Script

Last night, a couple of friend and I got together for what we named Drunken Disney, in which we celebrated my upcoming move and the end of my VHS tapes by watching my Disney collection. By consensus, we started with "Beauty and the Beast."

It's been years since any of us watched it, so we were kind of shocked when we listened to the lyrics of "Kill The Beast."



I mean, Gaston whips a mob into a frenzy for his own purposes to go kill a monster none of them have see whose not done them any harm; when Belle objects she's told, "You're either with us or against us" and locked in the basement; and while they march the mob sings, "We don't like what we don't understand/In fact it scares us/ And this monster is mysterious at least. Bring your guns, bring your knives/ Save your children and your wives/ We'll save our village and our lives/ Kill the beast." Kind of makes all that jingoism and disagreement-isn't-patriotic shit seem a little cliché, no?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it when Disney goes all weeeerurd. Good Luck in NY! Keep us all posted. You're the best.

T.Bob