Saturday, April 11, 2009

Misty watercolored memories

About a year ago, I wore these stockings and this skirt out one night with a group of friends. The police collected them later that night after the dude broke into my apartment and sexually assaulted me. And in evidence storage they sat most of last year, while he all too briefly sat in jail.

They came back with the rest of my stuff, but I still hadn't worn them until last night -- something about the memory of the cops fishing them out of my toilet that night, I suppose. (Fishing? Fishnets? I love a good dumb joke.) Last night, I grabbed them out of the drawer and texted my awesome friend Erica that I was putting on my party fishnets. And, party we did. These are now my party fishnets. Fuck history.

1 comment:

Britni TheVadgeWig said...

This is amazing. Good for you for changing the way you think about those tights. What a huge step!