Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Seriously

I don't shut the fuck up for anyone, Linda Hirshman.


Related: Neither do a lot of other people, like Spencer Ackerman (who is one of my closest and dearest friends, too), the inimitable Jason Linkins, the wonderful and talented Jill Filipovic, the beautifully-souled Hilzoy (reprinted here), feminist attack-magnet Jessica Valenti, the brilliant BitchPhD and my fellow colleague at Jezebel and, apparently, in slutty rape-baiting Tracie Egan.

Then there's also Pilgrim Soul, Meg, Rosa Sparks and Little Dragon.

(If you blog it, email me or put it in the comments and I'll add away).

2 comments:

petavive said...

Just wanted to let you know that I really appreciated your response to Hirshman. That article has been driving me crazy all day. Her ideas are so outdated and anti-feminist, it seems unreal. For a lot of us readers, you are defending not just your writing and your experience but the way we all live and think and grow- and our right to do so. Fuck Linda Hirshman. You rock, Jezebel rocks and none of us need to apologize to that horrible lady for anything!

Shannon said...

I included a short note at http://dracunculus.livejournal.com/87767.html