If you could suggest five experiences everyone in America should have that would most improve them as people, what would they be?
1. Live somewhere far away from your comfort zone for long enough that you stop minding that you're not home.
2. Talk to people who aren't like you and who disagree with you without jumping down their throats.
3. At least once, do something "unladylike" if you're a woman, and "girly" if you're a man--and preferably as often as you want.
4. Hold someone you care about while they cry without asking them to hush or stop.
5. When you're unhappy with something in your life, change it.