Friday, January 15, 2010

formspring.me

Is it true that women generally like to travel more than men? If so, why?

I don't believe in generalities. Most of the people I know like to travel, both men and women. I would say that people that enjoy traveling probably hang out with people who feel the same as they do, and vice versa.

If there was anything that I would say about travel that differs between genders it would be that, for reasons of personal safety learned from bad experiences, I prefer to travel either in the company of others or stay places that I feel secure in (i.e., not hostels) or with friends and find that many of my female friends feel the same way. I find some of my male friends more sanguine about that for obvious reasons. Other than that very learned difference, I'd say the differences in those that like to travel and those that don't aren't ones that break across gender, and that there are exceptions even to the difference I've noticed.

Ask me anything

No comments: