Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Day In The Life

This week's email correspondence, from a fan of my work at Jezebel, referencing a fact-check I did of a July 2009 Daily Show appearance by Mike Huckabee. Mind you, my tenure on the Jezebel masthead ended in August 2009, when I moved to Air America.

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Zachary Lindberg (zack.lindberg@gmail.com) wrote:
do get a life, loser
Of course, I don't check my old email address very often, so I didn't see it right away, but I responded as a way to let my old colleagues know about it.
On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Megan Carpentier wrote:

I'm not the one scrolling through year-old blog posts on a Sunday afternoon and writing to people on the Internet to insult them. Take your own advice.

He was then roundly mocked. Apparently, he felt he had to defend himself, at 1 am.

From: Zachary Lindberg
Date: Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Its for a research paper, ma'am and I had the displeasure of coming across your real *piece of work.* Like I said before, do get a life.
If you're curious, Zack is a student at USC. I'm sure his professors consider him a credit, since he's using Daily Show clips and Jezebel posts for his research papers.

1 comment:

Nefarious Newt said...

A research paper on what? How Mike Huckabee is not a sacrilegious, hypocritical, and duplicitous politician? "cause if it is, this kid is gonna be hard up to find any evidence to support his position.